Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Today was the day; 30 Day Shred

Because sometimes I feel like I have the best friends in the world, I convinced my friend Kristina (Kris, do you have a blog yet?) to join me in buying and committing ourselves to the 30 Day Shred. I've read other blogs that are doing this workout and have confessed their frustrations with it but also have decided they love the pain they are experiencing as a result of their Shredding. SO - today was supposed to be the first day of our workout, on our own and in our own homes. My DVD arrived yesterday and I thought I would share the e-mail I sent to Kristina this morning, so here it is:

At 9:00 last night I went to the mailbox to retrieve my 30 Day Shred – and this is the point I’d like to tell you that it wasn’t there, The End. However, it was, and I opened it right up, put it on top of the TV, set my alarm for 5:30 a.m. and drifted away in dreamland. At 5:30 a.m. I jumped out of bed (or, rolled) and wouldn’t you know I seriously could not get the DVD player to work. I swear, I’m not making this stuff up! I asked Jake before bed how to use it because we have the DVD player, Play Station 2, VHS, Direct TV box and a converter box to make all these things work, hooked up to the TV in our bedroom. He told me it was easy and I followed his exact instructions but couldn’t get anything other than a blue TV screen. So I promise to get it all figured out tonight (as in, he can show me step by step how to make it work) and I will do my workout tomorrow morning. I’m sorry if you started today and I didn’t. I promise I’m not going to be a flake this time around – I just couldn’t get it all working this morning…I know, I suck. :(

And so with that, tomorrow I should have an update on how my first date with the 30 Day Shred (otherwise known as the Jillian Michael's (trainer from The Biggest Loser) workout DVD). Wish me luck. Actually, scratch that, I'm motivated enough to actually hold myself to it this time! So just wish me a not-so-out-of-shape-body that will not be sore the entire weekend!

3 comments:

michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle said...

Let me know how you like it. If I had known, you could have used my copy (I also bought her book "making the cut" - you can borrow it if you want).

I never did figure out a good schedule to do the 30 day shred, because if you do it EVERYday, you're using the same muscles and they never get a break, which is what you're NOT supposed to do...

I do like that it is a short workout (more like 30 min than 20 as promised though). Good luck and keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

LOL, No, I do not have a blog yet, but love reading yours. So I don't have the DVD yet, but did do an hour and 20 mins on the treadmill watching ghost whisperer and NY housewives. It helps for me to use my DVR to record all my favorite shows so I can last a long time on the treadmill. Can't wait to hear how you did today!