Friday, June 8, 2012

Another installment of funny things Ryan says

This morning when I went in to wake Ryan up, the first thing he asked was,"Mom, when is Elfie coming back?"  (Elfie is our Elf on the Shelf that comes to visit during the Christmas holiday.)  I laughed and said, "Well, probably not until around Thanksgiving time."  Ryan thought about it for a minute and said, "Oh, so I have to wait until April?  Thanksgiving is in April, right?"  Haha!  "No, buddy, Thanksgiving is in November and you have to wait about 6 more months!"

******************************

Again this morning, Ryan was out of bed, had eaten breakfast and we were just about to walk out the door.  I grabbed his cup and realized there was no spout inside (to prevent spills).  I asked him, "Do you know where your spout is for your cup?"  He said, "Oh man, it's in Dad's pocket, I forgot to remind him."  I told him, "That's all right.  I have another one."  He walked around the kitchen counter and said, "But bright side is, I'm still your best friend!"   AWE, So Sweet!!! :)

******************************

One morning last week when I pulled up in front of Nanny's house to drop him off for the day, he asked if Papa was going to mow the yard.  I told him I didn't know but that it didn't really look like it needed it.  By the time I got around the car to open his door, he was asking me again.  Again, I told him I didn't know.  About that time, Nanny walked out to the porch and he yelled from the car, "Nanny, is Papa going to mow the yard today?"  She said, "I don't know but he needs to!"  He looked at her and said, "Ok, ok.  You don't gotta yell!"  Great way to start my day - laughing at his funny sayings.

*****************************

I love that Ryan is learning new phrases and thinks he knows how to use them in sentences!  He's constantly telling us a funny story or using big words.  I just love this age!!

No comments: