Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just Keeping Busy

I havent' got anything new to post and share this week - this week has been extremely busy at work, leaving very little time for interaction with the outside world -- or, better known as my family -- before bed time and doing the same routine all over again the next day. Which brings me to the question, do you ever feel like your daily routine is so Routine that you don't even recall how you got from Point A to Point B?
Take my morning drive to work for example. Most mornings I drop Ryan off at daycare and head straight for the freeway for my 10 minute drive. Also most mornings, I don't recall anything from my drive (the cars I passed, the music I heard on the radio, the number of times I cursed at other drivers, etc.) because it's always the same every day! Not that I curse at other drivers every day, but you get the point!
So tonight on my way home from work, I am going to make a conscious effort to really take in my surroundings and heck, I might even take the "back roads" instead of the freeway so I can really enjoy my 10 minutes of peace and quiet before I get home to "Momma. Momma. Momma. Hi!" Although that greeting is one of my favorites!
Sorry for my writers block today. Maybe I'll have something more brilliant to post tomorrow.

No comments: