Monday, March 7, 2011

Bedtime Conversations

Backstory: For the past few months Ryan has been sleeping in our bed only on the weekends, Friday and Saturday nights when we will be off work the following day. Lately, Ryan has been finding his way into our bed in the middle of the night. Last week, Ryan never even started the night out in his bed, he slept in our bed all night long! Last night were were going to put Ryan back in his own bed. This is the conversation we had in our bed at 9:30 p.m.:

Me: 2 minutes and you're going to bed.
Ryan: My bed? I'm gonna sleep there all night long?
Me: Yep!
Ryan: Ok. I'm not gonna get up all night. When the sun comes up, then I come up!
Me: (Laughing) Ok. Or else I'll wake you up when it's time to go to Nanny's.
Ryan: (To Jake now) You want me in your bed?
Jake: I thought you were going to sleep in your bed tonight?
Ryan: Just say yes.
Jake: (Laughing) No.
Ryan: (To Jake) Come on, just say yes! This is your bed but I want to sleep in it. (To me) Mom, you want me?
Me: I always want you, but your bed misses you. You need to sleep in your bed tonight.
Ryan: But do you want me?
Me: Yes.
Ryan: (To Jake) YAY, I get to sleep in your bed, momma said!!

HAHA! Then I asked Ryan if he knew how to say "Pushover"! :)

1 comment:

Shan said...

Haha! Walked right into that one. Smart kid!