Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Schedule


Our routine for Ryan while we're working is that he goes to his Nanny's house (my Mother in Law) until Jake gets off, and then Jake picks him up.  On Jake's days off (they rotate weekdays off) he will keep Ryan home with him, and of course I'm off on the weekends.  Ryan is very aware of the days that he will be home and the days that he will be at Nanny's.  Last week as I was explaining that he would spend 4 days with me, 2 days at Nanny's and 2 days with Daddy, he cried that he didn't want me to go back to work!  I said something along the lines of, "I HAVE to work.  I work so that we can have a house, food, clothes, toys, and a bed for you to sleep in."  He responded with, "I don't want food!"  HA!

This morning he was laying in bed watching cartoons while I was getting ready for work and he said, "Momma, I don't want you to go to work."  I told him I had to and that he would have a good day at home today.  He said, "But I don't want a house!"  Oh my, this kid!!  I sat on the bed and said, "Well, if you don't want a house and don't want food...then it looks like I'm going to lay back down and not go to work!"  He laughed and when I got up and said, "Just kidding, I have to go to work today" he said, "I knew it, you were just joking!" 

Today I am thankful for having a JOB that helps us provide a safe and loving home, food on the table, warm clothes on our bodies and beds for us to sleep in!

No comments: