Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A little Night Cap

I wanted to share a few funny stories from Ryan over the last 2 days. He's so funny in the evenings when we get home from work.
Lately I've been giving Ryan a countdown (20 minutes, 15 minutes, 5 minutes, etc.) until bed time. By the time 8:30 rolls around, he's ready to lay his head on the pillow! Last night I was telling Ryan that he had 20 minutes before it was time to go to bed. Now, obviously, he has no sense of time but I literally laughed out loud when he responded, "No, me go to bed in 2 minutes" because he thought that was longer than 20 minutes! Haha!
Today I looked into a local preschool to get Ryan on the waiting list for the 3 year old class in September. When I got home tonight I was asking Ryan if he wanted to go to school and make some new friends. He was so excited, wide-eyed and asked, "Me wear helmet to school?" He is really into wearing my old quad helmet and apparently thinks that not only do you wear a helmet while you're riding quads but also that you wear a helmet to school! I laughed and told him that he won't wear his helmet to school but that he can wear a backpack. He thought that was pretty cool. I mean, what 2 year old doesn't want a "pack pack"?
I look forward to Ryan's first day of preschool this fall - I know, I know, it's only January - but I don't want him to miss this class! And this means potty training is now my goal for Ryan by the summer.

1 comment:

Tania said...

Anna calls them pack-packs too!